The August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.02 - Laphroaig Finish is reworked and aged in old high quality Laphroaig casks. Whisky W.02 is an August 17th aged for 3 years in oak casks and then placed, for 2 years, in oak casks having contained Laphroaig.
Made in Belgium
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.02 - Laphroaig Finish is a rare cask edition of an August 17th placed in oak casks for 3 years and then finished for 2 years in Laphroaig casks.
This is a rare and limited edition of exceptional finishes. Each bottle is labelled and numbered by hand.
A rare and limited edition
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.02 - Laphroaig Finish is a whisky with an exceptional finish made in a Belgian cellar under the supervision of a Master Blender. This whisky offers a nice finish and a salty note on the palate with a slightly acidic fruit taste.
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.02 is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: The smokiness is subtle and accompanied by acidulous and lemony notes. We fi nd a salty, bold and malty side.
- Palate: Full-bodied, as desired, on dried fruit. Nice notes of whisky.
- Finish: Salty and lingering taste of slightly acid fruit.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- August 17th whisky which has been reworked and aged in high quality Laphroaig casks
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- The August 17th whisky was placed in oak casks for 3 years and then 2 years in Laphroaig casks
- Deep golden
- The smokiness is subtle and accompanied by acidulous and lemony notes. We find a salty, bold and malty side
- Full-bodied, as desired, on dried fruit. Nice notes of whisky. Salty and lingering taste of slightly acid fruit
- Available in a Gift box