Belspirits, Belgian know-how ... once!
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.03 - Monbazillac Finish
A bottle of single malt whisky 45% vol - 70 cl
The August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.03 - Monbazillac Finish is reworked and aged in old high quality Monbazillac casks. Whisky W.03 is an August 17th Whisky 5 years old Brutus in oak casks that have contained Port and Cognac and then placed, for 2 years, in oak casks having contained Monbazillac.
Made in Belgium
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.03 - Monbazillac Finish is a rare cask edition of an August 17th Whisky 5 years old Brutus it has been placed in Port and Cognac oak casks for 5 years and then finished for 2 years in Monbazillac casks.
This is a rare and limited edition of exceptional finishes. Each bottle is labelled and numbered by hand.
A rare and limited edition
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.03 - Monbazillac Finish is a whisky with an exceptional finish made in a Belgian cellar under the supervision of a Master Blender. This whisky is both bold and rich. An aftertaste of yellow fruits and honey and vanilla. Slight acidity.
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.03 is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: Full-bodied, rich. A strong finish. Yellow fruits, traces of oxidation, slight acidity. At the same time it’s honeyed, with a vanilla flavor.
- Palate: Very smooth. Presence of honey, vanilla with typical sweet, dry and oxidized grape.
- Finish: Small yellow fruits, small plums.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- August 17th whisky which has been reworked and aged in high quality Monbazillac casks
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- The August 17th whisky was placed in Port/Cognac oak barrels for 5 years and then 2 years in Monbazillac barrels
- Light brown with gold back
- Full-bodied, rich. A strong finish. Yellow fruits, traces of oxidation, slight acidity. At the same time it’s honeyed, with a vanilla flavor
- Very smooth. Presence of honey, vanilla with typical sweet, dry and oxidized grape. Small yellow fruits, small plums
- Available in a Gift box