Belspirits, Belgian know-how ... once!
The August 17th Whisky 5 years old Brutus has been aged for 5 years in very old casks having contained Port and Cognac. It presents an atypical and smoky taste. A whisky of intermediate aging which presents a nice balance between fruit and alcohol.
Made in Belgium
The August 17th Whisky 5 years old Brutus is a more mature August 17th single malt, aged for 5 years in very old casks that have contained Port and Cognac. It has an atypical, smoky taste. It is the older brother of the 3 year old August 17th, but it is stronger in terms of alcohol content.
It is a limited edition with each bottle numbered and labelled by and. The August 17th Brutus 5 Years Old is elegantly packaged with a crown bottle and a gold coloured pewter label
A beautiful intermediate aged single cask
An atypical whisky with a smoky taste with notes of dried fruits. It draws a little towards cognac. The August 17th Whisky Brutus is a whisky which belongs to the intermediate ageing category. It has a nice balance between fruit and alcohol. On the palate, it offers a certain power and a length which is more present in the 3 years, its taste draws towards dried fruits.
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Brutus is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: : Slight alcoholic hint that balances out with white grape flavors.
- Palate: The fruit is noticed first followed by a drier onset of alcohol.
- Finish: Full-bodied and round, presence of candied fruit aromas.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- A whisky with a good balance between fruit and alcohol
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- Made from barley and aged for 5 years in very old barrels containing Port and Cognac like its little brother
- Deep golden
- Slight alcoholic hint that balances out with white grape flavors
- The fruit is noticed first followed by a drier onset of alcohol. Full-bodied and round, presence of candied fruit aromas
- Available in a Gift box