Belspirits, Belgian know-how ... once!
The Titus is an August 17th whisky that has been aged for 10 years in very old casks containing Port and Cognac. It presents an atypical and smoky taste. The Julius is stronger in alcohol level, but is very soft when tasting with notes of red fruit and pruney. August 17th Whisky Titus is a very accomplished single cask. It is smooth and harmonious to the taste.
Made in Belgium
An atypical August 17th single malt 10 year old whisky, with smoky notes. It is aged in very old casks that have contained Port and Cognac, which gives the whisky a character, both delicate and robust. It is the last of August 17th, but it is stronger in terms of alcohol degree, it has a 62° alcohol content.
It is a limited edition with each bottle numbered and labelled by hand. The August 17th Julius 10 Year Old is elegantly packaged with a crown bottle and a pewter label.
A very accomplished 10 year old single malt
The August 17th whisky is very appreciated for its character. It has managed to find an unexploited niche in whiskies with particularities. The amateurs appreciate its unique and specific taste. A whisky which is quite strong in alcohol but very soft and harmonious when tasted!
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Titus is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: Very smooth, considering the power exhibited. We have red fruit, but also a kind of pruney quality, without the sweetness. It’s very fi ne, but it releases honey, wood, and even toasted dried fruits.
- Palate: Notes of caramel in balance with these toasted dried fruits. Robustness with notes of slightly bitter apples and spices like nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon.
- Finish: Notes of red fruits, plums, and walnuts that draw us towards the Port. More vegetal notes for an alleviated bitterness.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- A whisky with a high alcohol content but very smooth and harmonious when tasted
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- This is the last of August 17th whiskies, aged for 10 years in very old casks containing Port and Cognac
- Very smooth, considering the power exhibited. We have red fruit, but also a kind of pruney quality, without the sweetness. It’s very fi ne, but it releases honey, wood, and even toasted dried fruits.
- Notes of caramel in balance with these toasted dried fruits. Robustness with notes of slightly bitter apples and spices like nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon.
- Available in a Gift box