The August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.08 - Sauternes Finish is reworked and aged in old high quality Sauternes casks. Whisky W.08 is an August 17th Whisky 7 years old Julius in oak casks that have contained Port and Cognac and then placed, for 1 year, in oak casks having contained Sauternes.
Made in Belgium
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.08 - Sauternes Finish is a rare cask edition of an August 17th Whisky 7 years old Julius it has been placed in Port and Cognac oak casks for 7 years and then finished for 1 year in Sauternes casks.
This is a rare and limited edition of exceptional finishes. Each bottle is labelled and numbered by hand.
A rare and limited edition
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.08 - Sauternes Finish is a whisky with an exceptional finish made in a Belgian cellar under the supervision of a Master Blender. In this Whisky, the palate is directly smooth and draws on the softness of the mild and subtly-sweet wine. Small notes of almonds and candied fruit with a hint of whisky on the finish.
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.08 is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: Notes of candied fruit, honey, and exotic fruits.
- Palate: The mouthfeel is immediately smooth and drawn to the softness of the mild and subtly-sweet wine, a hint of almonds and candied fruit.
- Finish: A touch of whisky that gives a punch to this finish. A very long finish.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- August 17th whisky which has been reworked and aged in high quality Sauternes casks
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- The August 17th whisky was placed in Port and Cognac oak barrels for 7 years and then in Sauternes barrels for 1 year
- Notes of candied fruits, honey and exotic fruits
- The palate is directly mellow and draws on the sweetness of the sweet wine with a subtle sweetness, notes of almonds and candied fruits
- Available in a Gift box