The Julius is an August 17th whisky that has been aged for 7 years in very old casks containing Port and Cognac. It presents an atypical and smoky taste. The Julius is stronger in alcohol level, but is very soft when tasting with notes of plums or bananas. August 17th Whisky Julius is a very accomplished single cask. It is smooth and harmonious to the taste.
Made in Belgium
An atypical August 17th single malt 7 year old whisky, with smoky notes. It is aged in very old casks that have contained Port and Cognac, which gives the whisky an incredible roundness and smoothness. It is the big brother of the August 17th 3 year old and the Brutus 5 year old, but it is stronger in terms of alcohol degree, it has a 52° alcohol content.
It is a limited edition with each bottle numbered and labelled by hand. The August 17th Julius 7 Year Old is elegantly packaged with a crown bottle and a crimson pewter label.
A very accomplished 7 year old single malt
The August 17th whisky is very appreciated for its character. It has managed to find an unexploited niche in whiskies with particularities. The amateurs appreciate its unique and specific taste. A whisky which is quite strong in alcohol but very soft and harmonious when tasted!
A medal-winning 7 year old single malt
London Spirits Competition
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Julius is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: Slightly alcoholic, nice notes of plum and fruit with a very slight smoky aroma.
- Palate: Smoky taste with notes of plum or banana. It draws a little towards the port. Quite mild despite a high alcohol content
- Finish: Strong spicy note with a woody and smoky aftertaste.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- A whisky with a high alcohol content but very smooth and harmonious when tasted
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- This is the big brother of the other two August 17th whiskies, but aged for 7 years in very old casks containing Port and Cognac
- Silky brown
- Slightly alcoholic, nice notes of plum and fruit with a very slight smoky aroma
- Smoky taste with notes of plum or banana. It draws a little towards the port. Quite mild despite a high alcohol content. Strong spicy note with a woody and smoky aftertaste
- Available in a Gift box