The August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.04 - Xérès Olorosso Finish is reworked and aged in old high quality Xérès Olorosso casks. Whisky W.04 is an August 17th aged for 3 years in oak casks and then placed, for 2 years, in oak casks having contained Xérès Olorosso.
Made in Belgium
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.04 - Olorosso Finish is a rare cask edition of an August 17th placed in oak casks for 3 years and then finished for 2 years in Xérès Olorosso casks.
This is a rare and limited edition of exceptional finishes. Each bottle is labelled and numbered by hand.
A rare and limited edition
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.04 - Olorosso Finish is a whisky with an exceptional finish made in a Belgian cellar under the supervision of a Master Blender. This whisky offers a taste of spices, sherry and dry wood with an aftertaste of chocolate, coffee and slightly bitter orange. A syrupy whole on a maceration of aromatic plants.
Accompaniments and advice for August 17th Whisky
August 17th Whisky Rare Cask W.04 is eaten at the end of a good meal. It is recommended not to add ice cubes as the cold affects the volatility of the aromas and the perception of taste in the mouth. The ideal temperature for tasting it is room temperature (around 21°C). It goes wonderfully well with a piece of dark chocolate or a good cigar.
Cellar Master's Notes
- Nose: Notes of underwood and mushrooms. Slightly earthy smell.
- Palate: First the spices and then the sherry. Dry wood and then a note of chocolate, coffee and slightly bitter orange. A syrupy combination on a maceration of aromatic plants.
- Finish: It dries slowly with fresh wood. Macerated plants, bitter orange. The finish reveals the product well.
- Type of product
- General characteristics
- August 17th whisky which has been reworked and aged in high quality Olorosso casks
- Alcohol level
- 70 cl
- Wave Distil
- Limited edition and numbered by hand
- Malted barley
- The August 17th whisky was placed in oak casks for 3 years and then 2 years in Xeres Olorosso casks
- Golden tending to light orange
- Notes of underwood and mushrooms. Slightly earthy smell
- First the spices and then the sherry. Dry wood and then a note of chocolate, coffee and slightly bitter orange. A syrupy combination on a maceration of aromatic plants
- Available in a Gift box